This post is mostly good news! Hooray!!
The receptionist made a mistake and told me May 19th, when my appointment was actually April 19th! So I went in today with Scott and we basically expected the worst. I had googled everything I could to figure out if there was something else besides cancer that he could have found from the biopsy, and didn't find anything! Well...
The doctor said that I have a Follicular tumor. With this type of tumor, they won't be able to tell for sure what it is until it is removed. So I will be having surgery (most likely after baby is born), and they will remove the tumor and will be able to tell for sure if it is cancer or not. I still have a 90% chance that it is not cancer, so the odds are in my favor! I feel a little like we are back at square one, but I also feel very relieved at the same time!
I have to say that I have felt a lot of peace for the last few weeks. I knew that everything would be ok. A couple weeks ago when I was being set apart for my new calling (YW 1st counselor), the counselor said 3 different times in the blessing that I would be blessed with good health. I thought that was unusual for him to talk so much about my health with a setting apart, but that blessing has given me a lot of comfort since then and Heavenly Father must have known I needed to hear that. Although this experience has made me a bit emotional on top of the fact that I'm an emotional wreck already, I am grateful for trials like this one because they draw me closer to my Father in Heaven and my family as well. It has meant so much to me to hear of family members praying and fasting for me when I wasn't sure I even needed that to begin with.
Hopefully this is the last you will hear about this for a long time! Can I get a hallelujah?





3 comments:
HALLELUJAH!!! :)
Yes, I agree with your mom. I pray for you, my dear sister, constantly. And what a relief.
Hallelujuh! I'm so glad that you foudn out earlier. That would have been very stressful. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment