I had a biopsy on my thyroid on Wednesday. I was told that I would find out the results within 2-7 days. Well, a couple days later I got a call from the doctor's office saying that they couldn't tell me my results because the doctor would like to meet with me in person... so now I'm basically just thinking the worst. He wanted me to come in early, but the earliest he could get me in was just a week before my scheduled appointment which is still a month away! So he wants me to wait a month?! I don't think I can do it... I'm pretty sure I will be bugging the office again next week! :)
Ok, so let me explain so that nobody feels sorry for me. That is seriously the last thing I want. Thyroid cancer is VERY treatable. Basically, they will remove the nodule, and possibly connecting thyroid. Then I will need to be on medication (I think forever.) I think there might be a couple other things I need to do, but they are minor. The doc says they will most likely do the surgery after I deliver since if I do have thyroid cancer, it is probably Papillary Carcinoma which is very slow growing and not urgent. I'm guessing that is what it is if my appointment is still a month away, and if I indeed do have cancer! Of course I am just jumping the gun here, but my doctor said that if it is cancer he will move up my appointment date (which he did), plus they wouldn't tell me the results of my test (which they said they would!). Anywho... here's to another month of waiting!
Since this IS about my pregnancy, haha, I'll talk about that now...
I'm still sick! It's not too bad though, and I am functioning just fine!
I have felt the baby move for a couple weeks now. I'm loving it! It helps me know baby is doing well :)
biggest craving: ICE! I have to chew it... yummm...
I've got a nice round tummy now!
I have no energy! I still try to work out, but it's usually just at my weekly Zumba class...
Jace and Makenna are SO excited. Jace has started kissing my tummy. I love it!





2 comments:
Hess' are thinking of you and praying for you> We miss being down there.
We love you, Kristie. Whatever happens, you are a strong woman and can get through this. Everything is going to work out. We are sending lots of prayers up for you!! :)
Post a Comment