Here is little entry I made a while back when I found out I was pregnant. It's kind of fun to read now; for me at least!
1/21/11
1/21/11
Since I'm not able to share my news at this time, I thought it would be fun to write it here and publish it in a couple months!
test #1
test #2 can you see it?!!
I was sure the test would be negative because I've been feeling my monthly PMS signs. They are the same as usual. Soreness... the headaches... and the moodiness... check check check! I took the test and it was, in fact, negative. Nothing I'm not used to lately. I decided to gear myself up for another month...
A little later I checked it again and could see the faintest line. It looked just like a test I had taken a couple months back that was, in fact, negative. Just in case, I would test in the morning...
The next morning (1/18) I re-tested again as soon as I could and got the same super light line, only even lighter this time. Hmmm
After running to the dollar store later that day, I took 2 more tests, both super light line. I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here! I showed Scott, and he was still skeptical, and making fun of me for taking 4 tests in two days!
Let's be honest, at this point I'm excited!! In fact, it's all I can think about!
The next morning (1/19), I took another dollar store test and got my darkest super light line yet! Although I didn't expect it, I was starting to feel nauseous as well. To top it off that night I took my third expensive early result test (that makes 6 total) and I got a nice dark line-finally! Hallelujah! I knew for sure at that moment that it was real!
So far with this pregnancy:
I have felt nauseous in the evenings, when I eat certain foods, and in the mornings and I'm only 4 weeks along... this is unusual as I've never felt sick until 6 weeks
I've been asked if I'm pregnant and had to lie (I haven't even told my mom yet!) plus it's easy to lie when I don't quite believe it myself!
I had an aversion to carmelitos which are one of my favorite desserts
I've been more tired than normal (another symptom I don't usually have)
Sign of things to come?
Trying for a baby with no success has been one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. I think what was really starting to get to me is that I thought maybe I couldn't have any more children. In the past, with all 3 pregnancies I've had we got pregnant the first month or two, so going months longer than that seemed like an eternity. I feel like a whiner to even say this stuff because of what other people go through, but I think for the first time I was able to understand what those women are going through. There were times I was nearing depression. I think as mothers our greatest desire is to have children, so when you feel that is taken away from you, it tears at your heart.
I feel blessed that we have been given this amazing gift. Bring on the morning sickness! Bring on the stretch marks! Bring on the toilet stops!
Please forgive me if I lie to your face and tell you I'm not pregnant in the next couple months, but you shouldn't be asking a woman if she's pregnant anyways! I'm trying to hold out as long as I can to tell people because we are not going to find out the sex of the baby.







3 comments:
YAY for another Lee baby! Congratulations again and thank you for sharing that post. :)
What a fun post. Love that you took so many tests! You are too funny! So glad things are going well for you. HOpe the morning sickness isn't too bad and clears up soon! Our kids will be so close in age and that is so fun!!!! When are you coming back to California?
I'm REALLY excited for you Kristie! Yeah! This was really fun to read. I know what you mean about every month bracing yourself for another pregnancy test. We've been trying for about 10 months now. It can be pretty depressing. Anyway, congrats!
Post a Comment