February 12, 2012

St. Johns, AZ

My 7 sister-in-laws and I took a trip to Arizona last week to see Grandma Lee.  She is 92 and my sister-in-law Michelle was anxious to do some family history work there, so we all decided to go!

When we first got there we went to eat lunch at the senior center!  It was pretty fun!  Then we hung out at Aunt Cheryl's house for the rest of the day just hanging out and talking.

cousins meeting for the first time!  They are about a month apart, but technically only 1 1/2 weeks difference.  


The first night we made molasses taffy with grandma.  YUM!  We also had some aunts and uncles and cousins over and played some games and talked till late!  Then of course all the sisters stayed up even later talking- till 2:30!  So fun!


The next day we hung out with more cousins and aunts and uncles and had a good time chatting at Uncle Howard's house.  That night we went out to eat and then played games with grandma.  She is so good at playing games and gave us all a run for our money!



my cute sisters

the next day grandma took us around St. Johns and showed us where she grew up and went to school- stuff like that.  Then we went to the cemetery to see her family member's graves.

grandpa's headstone

grandma in front of her cute house

I'm so glad we got to go see grandma.  She is so amazing at 92.  She is so sharp for her age!  She has a great memory and always remembers me and knows all about our family and what we are up to.  I hope I'm that amazing when I'm older!  I'm so glad we got to take that trip.  It was such a fun experience for me to see grandma and spend some quality time with the sisters!  I love my in-laws!

1 comment:

Stef said...

The love goes both ways.