February 26, 2012

2012 Snapshot


I have been too busy this year to sit down and do a 2012 snapshot of our family.  This will be short and sweet... relatively...  :)

Scott
-Still working for Glidden but looking for a new job opportunity.  He uploaded his resume on careerbuilder and has had a lot of interest.  Hopefully he will be able to find a job that he really loves and that will be a step up from his current one.  After being promised a promotion for too long, we're thinking switching companies will be a better idea... wish us luck!
-On his 3rd year of teaching seminary and still enjoying it!
-Comes home after seminary now to help me and sometimes take Makenna to school- what a man!
-Does the laundry more than me
-Takes me on dates a couple times a month
-Took Jace on a Father/Son date.  They went fishing, miniature golfing, and to Rudy's BBQ.  Jace LOVED it!
-Plays basketball every Tuesday night

Kristie
-I was released from Young Womens after 3 years and now serve as a Relief Society teacher!  I have dreaded this calling for a long time, but happy to say it has been good so far!  I am loving that I only have to teach once a month!
-Just bought a new table for the kitchen that will be here in a couple weeks.  UGGHHH!  Let me just say I do not like shopping for furniture!  I have to find a balance in getting something I really love, and something that I think I will love 10 years down the road.  I wish there was more to choose from here in Albuquerque.  We finally decided on the table above.  Did I make the right choice?!  I don't know- I keep second guessing myself because I don't LOVE it, but it is nice and Scott loves it.  Advice??
-I've been working out 3 days/week with Stefanie doing insanity, and 2 days/week weight-lifting with Scott.  I haven't noticed much difference in the way I look, but I do feel stronger!
-I LOOOVE learning about nutrition.  I have learned so much lately and have noticed such a difference in the way I feel when I eat healthy.  I still have such a hard time with sweets though.  I can't help myself!
-My thyroid and blood glucose have regulated so I'm glad I don't have to worry about those things anymore!
-I've been enjoying card club, book club, flower club, craft nights, busy bag groups, and GNO's as much as possible.  Scott's not so much a fan!

Makenna
-Reads really well and is one of the best readers in her class
-Has such a fun personality and continues to make friends so easily.  It's fun to see her interact with her friends at school because they all seem to love her so much!  She continues to mostly hang out with boys at school and church which is so funny to me
-She is very thoughtful and will often make things to give people.
-She LOVES art and works on her art all the time.  It's so hard to choose what we should keep or throw away.  She is so good at drawing things from her head.  She can draw many animals better than I could!

-She is SO observant.  She can remember lots of tiny details which amazes me!
-She's starting up soccer again and really excited about it
-She is such an adventurous eater.  She will eat pretty much everything I serve.  She's also very conscious  about eating healthy and will often turn down something because it's not healthy- silly girl.  When we go out she always orders a salad!

Jace
-see recent birthday post!

Camryn
-see 5 month post!

Lee family
-Our Family Home Evenings consist of: song, prayer, tricks, and a 5-minute lesson.  It's hard to come up with a trick every week, so we have some repeats!
-We are loving that the weather has been nice so we try to get outside as much as possible.  This has been the best winter we have had here in Albuquerque!
-We enjoy hanging out with cousins, the Burns, as much as we can!  The kids cannot get enough of them.  We also have many good friends here that we enjoy getting together with.  Life is good.

2 comments:

Beck said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new kitchen table. I am super jealous! Im needing a new one to and mine will look just like that hopefully. I LOVE it!! Better snap a picture when you get it all set up!! Love ya

Stef said...

I really like the table too. It looks like something that you can grow into. Plus, now you will have the better table for Thanksgiving so it's at your place next year....wink.