If you are a man and don't like to talk about women stuff, don't read on. thank you.
After being in cramping pain for 3 days, I decided to go in to myOB to see if she could find out what was wrong. After checking me and doing some tests, she thought it looked like I had appendicitis, and that I should go to the ER. So I made my way on over to the ER, reluctant at what was in store for me, but relieved that I may finally figure out what was wrong. They did a CT scan of my stomach, and husband joined me in the ER as I waited for the results. The ER doctor was finally able to tell me that my scan came back abnormal and it looked like I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured and bled a lot. I had a pool of blood in my lower abdomen and going up my sides. She then told me she hadn’t seen that much blood from an ovarian cyst for a long time (about 12 oz) and I would probably need surgery, but she would wait for the OB to come and make the final decision. So here I am gearing myself up for surgery, when 3 hours later (KILLER!) one of my OB ’s partners graced us with her presence, and decided we would just try to wait it out and see if my body absorbed all the blood. So I will just need to continue to deal for the next few days. The good thing is, I don’t have the constant cramping feelings anymore, just a little dizzy and uncomfortable, and a lot of pressure in my abdomen. The bad things is, I am still pretty helpless. The good thing is my wonderful MIL will be here till tomorrow, and my husband has really stepped it up and been amazing! Thank you so much to everyone that called and prayed for me. I truly feel I was blessed throughout all this. Hopefully I will be up and around in a couple days!
After being in cramping pain for 3 days, I decided to go in to my
In conclusion- my IUD may have caused the ovarian cyst and I have decided to take it out. I guess there is no easy way to do birth control! Here is a lovely picture of me at the hospital...





11 comments:
I hope that you are as good as new in no time. I wish I could be there to help you out. I'm so glad that Annette could come and help out for a couple of days. We love you, and are praying for your quick recovery. Love, Mom
Oh my goodness-I am so sorry! That sounds no fun at all. We will pray that you don't have to get surgery/
I am glad that you are doing better. Well, once you are DONE having kids, there is a less painful way to have BC, at least for you...hahaha. Let me know if you need me!
Kristie!! OMG I'm so sorry. I hope that you start feeling better in no time. YOu are one tough cookie!!! It's a good thing Scott's family lives close enough to come and help you out. I hope you don't have to get surgery. Good luck!!!
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Scott told us on Sunday what happened. Let me know if there's anything you need.
I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope you can avoid surgery and that you feel better soon! We'll remember to keep you in our prayers!
I am so sorry woman. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. I wish I was there and could help out with the kiddos. Speaking of them I love those pictures of them with the make-up. That is way to funny. And I love the pictures of Jed and Makenna. Brinn loves them. Thanks again for letting him come hang out with you guys. Love ya
Okay, so this isn't appropriate but I am going to say it anyways, I thought you were going to show a picture of an IUD after you had talked about it and I was gearing myself up for it, and lets just say I'm glad it was you at the hospital. You look good in that gown, ow ow! Hope you are feeling better!
Krisite, I am so glad that you are feeling better. That really stinks that you had to go through all of that. Annie just told me about it on Sunday. I hope you are totally back to normal soon and that you are enjoying the help. Love ya!!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope it all goes away soon. Those darn IUD's...I had one for a short time and I'll NEVER have one again! Ick!
This is something you could've reported on the phone tonight!!
Post a Comment