August 23, 2009

6 years!

When I was younger I always hoped I would marry someone that could give me butterflies years after the wedding ceremony. Someone that would balance out the dumb things I do. Someone that could make me laugh at myself and everything else too! Of course I wanted someone charming and, (uh-hem) hot. I always wanted a man that was strong in the gospel and that I knew would help me get the forever family I really wanted. I hoped I would be able to find someone that would be understanding when I cried for no reason at all! I wanted a man that would be the kind of dad that plays with his kids and reads them bedtime stories. I wanted a man that would make me want to be better and that was worth improving myself for. When I first started dating Scott, I was amazed and surprised that I was able to check all those things off my "list" so quickly. Did I really hit the jackpot with this one?? I was willing to find out! Now, 6 years later, he has still lived up to all those things I thought he was back then. I feel so lucky that I found such a good match for me.

One of our first dates! Sweethearts dance.

7 months later!

Nowadays

8 comments:

Sandy: said...

Congratulations on 6 years. We love you guys. You two really are so good for each other. A great team. Keep those grandkids coming!!

Stef said...

Ahhhh. Who knew my brother was that amazing. I guess you! Congratulations you guys. 6 down...eternity to go!!

Beck said...

Congrats woman!! I cant believe you have been able to handle Scott for that long. Good luck with the rest!! Love you guys

Rolene and David said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I like the hot comment, who doesn't want that? Have a great anniversary! Keep those nieces and nephews coming! Haha (I saw your mom's comment) its your turn to have another! :)

Jenna said...

Wow 6 years already?!?!?! Congrats. You guys are such a cute and fun couple with totally darling kids!!

Brad and Lisa said...

Congrats! You guys are so cute!

Rebecca said...

congrats!you guys seriously look the same as the day your were married- you haven't aged a bit!

Sara said...

so cute....and to think I was around the days of that first picture.....love you guys