This summer was SOOOOO much fun. Makenna and Jace are at such fun ages now so we had all kinds of fun this summer. A typical week consisted of:
Monday: Explora/Library/pool (one of the 3)
Tuesday: Free movie day/ park day
Wednesday: Free movie day/ Balloon museum story time
Thursday: Pool
Friday: Pool
If it sounds like I'm super mom I'm really not... it's all for selfish reasons! You see, at the beginning of the summer I found that we were all much happier if we got out of the house. The kids didn't fight, the house stayed clean, and we all had much more fun. I think we were home all day maybe 3 days the whole summer. Yeah, that's how I roll.
We also really enjoyed our family evening walks/bike rides/scooter rides, and especially enjoyed the sunsets. They really are AMAZING here in Albuquerque. This one below was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Good thing they don't go away in the winter. :)

If I sound pathetic about summer going away, it's because I am! Every year I go through this. It's like a part of me is dying! Don't get me wrong, there are definitely things I love about the rest of the year, but I'm an outside kind of gal which is not so fun when it's freezing outside.
Just so I feel a little better I will make a list of things I like about the cold!
Balloon Fiesta
Snuggling
Using the fireplace
hot cocoa
Wearing jeans again
Snow/snowboarding
Using my car as a refrigerator when I have to go to multiple stores(!)
The holidays
check back soon, I have a few posts to update!
check back soon, I have a few posts to update!






3 comments:
wow, those are beautiful sunsets. And beautiful children also!! looks like you had a fun-filled summer. Each year seems go by even faster than the one before. I wish we lived closer so that we could see you guys more often.
You are super mom Kristie! And I'm right there with you in the slight depression that summer is coming to an end. But hey, maybe that will mean more time for GNOs? :)
Wow! That sounds like fun. Next year I am gonna send a few of my kids to your house. Okay? Because according to my kids all we did was clean and pull weeds and clean some more. Oh, and pull weeds on our trip to CA.
Will have to start stalking you again if you are gonna post more.
Post a Comment