September 15, 2010

Makenna turned 5!


On Makenna’s birthday we invited the Burns over for dinner/dessert.  We had spaghetti and breadsticks since that is her favorite!  She loved having all her cousins over, and she had the biggest smile on her face all day.




For Makenna, turning 5 is something she has been looking forward to for a long time!  When she turned 5 she expected to:
-Become an angel (this is what she kept telling me, I had nothing to do with it)
-Never pee at night again (we’ll get to that later)

Those are two big goals!  So far she has lived up to both.  :)  We’ll see how long that lasts!  I love that she really tries so hard to be a good girl.  Sometimes she acts so much more grown up than she is!

Here are some really cute things about her:

She is a walking advertisement; when she sees things at the store or around the house that she’s seen in a commercial, she will tell me about it:
“it’s not clean unless it’s oxyclean”
“swiffer works better than a mop”
“Electrosol is the diamond standard”
etc. etc. etc.
Those advertisers are definitely working on her!

She is an excellent listener/memorizer.  There are a few books we have that she can recite from start to finish.  They are not short books either.  Long ones with lots of words.  It’s crazy.  Scott and I always look at each other like “what in the world?!”

Makenna is loved by many… boys that is.  She always gets along so well with boys, and they love her for it.  I know of at least 3 boys that have little crushes on her.  :)  She loves them too.  The other day she says "I like _____ just as much as I like _____."  Then she thought for a minute... " I just don't know which one I'm going to marry!"  I definitely had a good laugh after that one!

She always wakes up with a smile on her face.  I don't think I have ever seen Makenna upset in the morning!  If only I could always wake up that way!

Makenna LOOOOVes to talk.  She will talk your ear off... even if she doesn't know you... It's cute, but can be very tiring at the same time!

She always takes time to smell the roses!  No, but seriously, she always stops to smell flowers.  She loves flowers and gardening.  She takes very good care of "her" garden that's in the backyard.  She has a green thumb!

She loves to wear makeup.  She puts her eye shadow on all the time and actually puts it on very well!  Sometimes we'll go somewhere and I realize that she's wearing it... awkward... no I do not let my 5 year old wear makeup people...

Makenna loves making friends.  Whenever we go to the park, she says, "I'm going to go make a new friend!" She's so friendly, she'll just walk up to anyone and become their best friend!  I love that about her, because I have never been that way!

There are so many many things I love about her.  She really is such a special little girl, and I'm so glad I get to be her mommy!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I can't believe you have a 5 year old!!!

Rolene and David said...

Happy Bday Makenna! You are such a cutie!