August 30, 2010

Newport Beach

As I write this post I am feeling so sad! I do not want summer to end, and I feel like this trip was the end of it. It was THE perfect end to a really great summer.

For our anniversary, I surprised Scott with Charger's tickets! (Well kinda, I kept it a secret for a couple days!) Of course, it was pre-season, but also the only time the Chargers play on Saturdays, so Scott was in heaven. It was REALLY fun. So much different than any game I've been to. The crowd is ROWDY and loud, but that made it fun!

Photobucket
nice cell pic for ya

Well then the next day we headed to the Newport Beach house where we stayed the whole week!

It was our anniversary on Monday and we spent the day shopping, laying on the beach, eating Mexican food with a view of the ocean, and walking the Huntington Beach pier at sunset. It was perf!! I don't know if that was my dream day or Scotts!! Um I think it's obvi!!

Photobucket
HB pier

The next few days consisted of:
Bike rides on the beach cruisers
laying like a whale on the beach
looking for rad shells
games with fam
Grunion runs
roasting marshmallows and other junk
Stuffing my face
Girls shopping outing
flying kites

Wait hold up, what is a grunion run you ask? Supposed to be this totally awesome event where thousands of fish come to the shore to mate at night. We went all three nights... we saw 2. Sweet!!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kara thought this would be a sweet pic... it pretty much is!

Photobucket
Makenna was such a good big cousin to Clark

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
true Jace style- tongue out, ball in one hand, looking good...

Photobucket

Photobucket
cutest dad evs

Photobucket
totes adorbs

Photobucket
a little blurry, but too cute to resist!

Photobucket
The whole fam

Photobucket
thanks to these girls, most of this post is abbreviated. Hope you enjoyed that. Fo sho

Now if only fall could hold off for a little while I will be a happy woman.

7 comments:

Sandy: said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures. I am kind of going through withdrawals also. It's kind of quiet (but I have to say...quiet has it's perks also :) ), around here. We had such a fun week with all of you. I can't wait to do it again soon. Love you guys.

Brad and Lisa said...

I'm with you - I don't want summer to end! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. I always love looking at your pictures

Brad and Lisa said...

I'm with you - I don't want summer to end! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. I always love looking at your pictures

Rolene and David said...

I'm sad too! I came home and thought, ah man, back to normal life! Love the Jace & Clark pics, I'm going to steal them!~

P.S. You chose the pic I'm stuffing my face in, thanks a lot!

P.S.S. Which one is that family pic? I actually like that one the best...

P.S.S.S. COME BACK!

Stef said...

That looks like a ton of Fun!! I can't wait for Fall. My fav time of the year!!

Beck said...

Cute pictures! now Im waiting for a phone call to hear about the fun trip!

Andy and Melissa said...

This week looked like it was so fun!!! Thats awesome. And the pics are all great too. I was wondereing houw you did joyschool. Did you do it where you all took a week and rotated? I am looking into starting this with stella and just wanted to hear from you howit all was. Let me know...