We had a fun Halloween. I gave in and let Makenna go trick-or-treating to our neighbors. You would not believe how much candy this little girl has. I think people give more candy to little kids! More for us... :) I mean, what?
Now on to voting. I think this election has been the craziest of any election I can remember (which to be honest, isn't a lot!). It seems this time more than ever that voting is so critical, and the people and things we are voting for have more repercussion than ever before. I am especially proud of the church in California in the way they are standing up for the yes on prop 8 campaign. My own mother has been out on the streets more than once with a Yes on Prop 8 sign (which is not like her). Apparently the people of California are pretty segregated on this issue. That is another scary thing is the segregation in our country right now. It seems our country is so divided and there is so much hatred on both sides. I am a little fearful of the way these elections will turn out and how much different our country could be a year from now...
On a lighter note we have our brand new church building that we met in for the first time today! It is the EXACT same as my parents new building for those that have been in there. We are the only ward in it right now which is just lovely! We need all the space we can get though with having 4 nurseries and about 3 of each primary class!
On a lighter note we have our brand new church building that we met in for the first time today! It is the EXACT same as my parents new building for those that have been in there. We are the only ward in it right now which is just lovely! We need all the space we can get though with having 4 nurseries and about 3 of each primary class!







2 comments:
Thanks for thinking of us here in California. And please keep us in your prayers tonight and tomorrow. We are going to need it. We will all be glad when this is over. Looks like your Halloween festivities were great, and the kids had lots of fun. Love you, MOM
I'm on my way to another sign-waving...got to run......
Post a Comment