June 15, 2008

A tribute to DADS

We'll start out with my dad. I have so many good memories from my childhood of my dad...
My dad was always making up silly songs... Every time we were going to McDonald's we would sing "McDonald's is our kind of place, it's a hap hap happy place!" He always took time to put me to bed at night and I remember we would sing songs together. I always liked that special daddy daughter time. He was always a sucker for buying us treats when we went places- I specifically remember that he would always buy us cotton candy if it was available! I'm so grateful for my dad and the funny and silly guy that he is. He can always make me laugh. (see pictures below!)



Scott is such a great dad as well. Makenna is such a daddy's girl. Every day when Scott leaves for work she is so sad, and throughout the day asks when he will be home! She loves playing with her daddy. Scott is really good about taking the time to play dollhouse, make "dance parties," and he always plays along when she calls him her Prince Charming and want to give him "true loves kisses." I love seeing Scott interact with our kids, it adds a new dimension to the love I have for him!
Hard-working dad... he has done everything in our backyard BY HIMSELF! Way to go Scott...

Here's a pic I took today

Here's to all the dads out there that are dedicated to their role as fathers.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

Sandy: said...

Yes, your Dad is a great guy, and really loves his kids more than anything. And Scott is also a great Dad. What a great blessing in your life. 2 great men