Since buying my blendtec a couple months ago, I have been experimenting with smoothie recipes... this is my favorite mostly because it is sweet without adding sugar or juice, and because I always have these ingredients on hand! The kids down these in no time!
1 sweet apple, all but the seeds
1 banana (if frozen add a little water)
1/2 c. plain yogurt (not vanilla- there is tons of sugar in it!)
5 frozen strawberries
5 frozen peaches
3-4 cubes ice
1/2-1 c. spinach (optional)
5 baby carrots (optional)
Blend and enjoy! Don't be afraid of the spinach and carrots! I now prefer my smoothies with it. Oh and you can leave the yogurt out if you don't have any- sometimes I don't :)
On the subject of healthy eating, I think I have finally had my HAAAAHHHH (imagine angels singing) moment that food is fuel. When I had gestational diabetes and was eating healthy I felt SO good! I had lots of energy and my body digested the food better (ahem tmi). Of course, as soon as the baby was born I went wild eating whatever I wanted!! I definitely have noticed a HUGE difference in the way I feel, and my body is starting to pack the weight back on right where I don't want it!! (ie love handles!) So this is what I'm going to try to eat and what works for me-
Breakfast:
whole wheat pancakes, crepes, or waffles w/ pure maple syrup
plain oatmeal w/ maple or honey
whole wheat english muffin egg sandwich
protein shake
toast with peanut butter
AM snack:
nuts
fruit (small serving in AM)
veggies
cheese
healthy granola bar
yogurt
string cheese
toast/peanut butter
lunch:
sandwich on WW
wrap on WW
salad
leftovers
PM snack:
any snack above
smoothies
dinner: whatevs but make sure to have lots of veggies
snack: see above
One thing I learned from GD is that our bodies can't process sugar as well in the AM so I try to stay away from a lot of sugar/fruit/smoothies at that time of day. I put the least amount of syrup on my breakfasts as I can stand. Also I really try to stay away from all sweet drinks like soda and juice because they have TONS of sugar ( i would rather get my sugar from other sources like chocolate!)
Ok so hopefully writing all this down will give me the added motivation. Anyone with me?!!
1 year ago





4 comments:
I'm with you. Healthy eating sounds good to me.
You inspired me to eat healthy, so I tried it. Then I got sick off the egg sandwich. No more healthy eating for me!
Your post brought tears to Nate's little nutritionist heart :) He is trying to get me on a similiar diet plan now-thanks for the extra motivation!
so that's the secret! figures it would be simple, huh?
Post a Comment