(more pictures below!)
I'm on my own now! So far it's been 10 days and so far so good! I'll admit the first couple days were strange- I had a couple weird moments during the day where I just felt so emotional and blue. Luckily for me that feeling usually just lasts for a couple hours, but I still hate it! I really feel bad for people that are diagnosed with depression because that would be SO hard to deal with.
I'm on my own now! So far it's been 10 days and so far so good! I'll admit the first couple days were strange- I had a couple weird moments during the day where I just felt so emotional and blue. Luckily for me that feeling usually just lasts for a couple hours, but I still hate it! I really feel bad for people that are diagnosed with depression because that would be SO hard to deal with.
The kids have been SO good and sweet for me. For a couple months before Cami was born, Jace was going through a bad stage of having a meltdown when he didn't want to do things I asked him or when he wanted something and I said no. I came up with an idea of giving him a candy corn every time he said "okay mom," and it has worked like a charm! If treats work for dogs, why not kids?! Yes, it is not the best thing to give him, but he's doing SO much better so I don't care!! Jace has been so sweet with Cami and has not shown any signs of jealousy. I think he was at a great age to add a sibling.
Both kids still ask all day to hold Cami and are in heaven when they get to! So far we have been through 3 sicknesses with the kids since she was born, but she's been lucky to not get any of them. Poor Kenna wasn't allowed to hold/touch/kiss her for 5 days straight. I hate GERMS!!
Scott has been so cute with Cami. I have definitely never seen him enjoy the newborn stage as much as this time. He's always stealing her from me and lovin on her all the time.
Cami is the sweetest baby known to man. She smiles so much it is amazing. She is definitely a happy baby. Sometimes when she sleeps she will laugh in her sleep! It is so crazy- they are real laughs! She has the craziest hair; the middle comes forward and looks like a mowhalk, and the back sticks straight up. It's starting to get lighter so I think she might be a blondie. Right now her poor eyes have clogged ducts so they're all crusty and she's got some cute baby acne and dry skin- poor thing! At her 2 week check-up she already weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. She is definitely a chubb and filling out her 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers pretty well. She already seems so big to me it is sad! Cami loves to be held upright and cuddle on your chest- she is such a cuddly baby. She is a little twitcher. A couple times in her sleep her whole body was twitching really bad and every time I burp her she twitches- it's so funny and thank goodness it's normal, just a little weird! She is an amazing sleeper. She gives me a nice 6 hour stretch at night, and then I nurse her in bed so I can nap and she goes right back to sleep, so I'm really not losing much sleep. It's lovely! I don't think I could ask for a better baby.
holding her head up
She loves to suck on her arm when she gets the chance- she came out of the womb sucking on her arm and both arms had dry scabs from when she was in the womb! OH, and notice the hair!! See what I mean now?!
My smiley girl- she loves her brother
special bond
(notice the hickey from sucking on her arm!)
Camryn has brought such a special spirit to our house; just having her around makes me want to be so much better. I am really enjoying every day and second with her. I have loved to watch her learn about the world around her and learn how her little body works. Having her curled up on me... mmm I love it! Each child I've had has filled some kind of need I didn't even know I had. I truly feel that Cami has such a happy and special spirit, and that has filled this need I had of stepping back and enjoying life a little more. I'm sure as she gets older she will continue to bless my life in ways I didn't expect. Having children brings me so much joy!
















6 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the new pictures. (I've been waiting for some new ones). I'm so glad that everything is going smoothly. I miss you guys so much. Looking forward to December!!
What great pictures of all 3. So nice to have such a sweet baby. All your kids are adorable!
She is so sweet kristie! I love all your pictures
I like your new blog picture at the top. That is my fav.
Can your kids get any cuter? Seriously! Love all the pics and seeing your happy, smiley, baby girl! So fun!!
She is so cute. And I must say that with Brian, things changed at baby #3. For whatever reason, that third baby did something to him.
Too cute!
Post a Comment