August 16, 2011

Bummer Summer

Every year I am so sad for summer to come to a close...  In fact I'm pretty sure I've complained about it on this blog.  However, this is one summer that I can't wait for it to end!

This summer has been a weird one... mostly because I'm pregnant.  We have been home much more.  I can't go to places like the zoo because I feel like I'm going to die of heat!!  So we've been home a lot, or to the pool a lot. We had plans to go on a couple vacations in the last month that fell through which has made this summer even worse!!  Sorry... I just get a little emotional about this waste of a summer!  There have been good parts of it...

1. We have loved going on morning bike rides/walks.  I walk and the kids ride for 2 1/2 miles.  It has been a really fun part of our summer.

2. Being at home a lot has been good for the amount of nesting I have done this time around.  At some point this summer, every single area of our house has been cleaned and organized!  (That doesn't necessarily mean it has stayed that way though!)  I have had a ton of fun decorating the nursery in the last month.  I still have a ways to go, but I love it!  It's neutral to fit whatever form of Lee comes out, but a couple things I'm leaving till the baby comes like the wall-hanging's above the crib, and the quilt.  I can't wait till I finish!

3. We went on some really fun dates and hung out a ton with our good friends, the Reidheads.  We hang out with them at least a couple times a week and always have tons of fun together!  She had her sweet baby a few weeks ago, and that has given me my baby fix for now!

4.  We have gone to the pool a lot, like I said.  Both the kids are swimming well now, and there is nothing better for a pregnant woman than sitting in a pool of water!

Ok, so that is a little sad that I could only come up with 4 things, but we will leave it at that!  Now I will have to wait a whole year to have the summer of my dreams! :P

Well at least I have a lot to look forward to...

Makenna starts school in a couple days.  I decided instead of doing the charter thing like I was going to, that our public elementary school was actually a better fit.  This took tons of thought and prayer to reach this decision, but I know it is the right one for her.  Plus, hello!  It is like 1 block from our house!  We found out her teacher a couple days ago, and she is supposed to be wonderful!  I'm so excited about that because I think that was my biggest hang-up... allowing my child that has been in my care her whole life to go to someone that I didn't trust.  She also has a couple friends from church in her class which makes it even better!  Makenna is SOOO stinking excited and SOOO ready!  Her daddy gave her a father's blessing last night and it spoke a lot of her being a good friend and helping kids that need a good friend, and I just loved that because it is so her!  She is such a good friend and can become best friends with anyone in a few minutes.  I can't wait to see how much she grows and blossoms by starting school.

Our sweet baby Lee is doing well!  I get to see the baby on ultrasound weekly and everything has checked out really well.  Last week, the baby was growing a couple weeks ahead, but they didn't seem worried about it, and I'm not really because my babies always do...  I got to see the baby's face really well at my last one, and the features that popped out to me were a round face, big lips, and daddy's nose.  We will see if the baby really does look like that!  It actually looked a lot like Makenna as a baby...hmmm...  On that note, I was really sure this baby was a boy early on, but I really have no clue! I was telling Scott that sometimes it feels like we are having twins- a girl and a boy because I have planned for both.  We have picked out two names and bought outfits for either.  I can't wait to find out!!!

Gestational Diabetes is going well too!  It has become pretty easy for me now, and I feel like my diet has improved the diabetes, so I can eat a little more.  I was a little worried for a little while because I kept losing weight and went down 11 pounds or so.  I knew I was giving the baby enough nourishment though because I was still eating plenty, so I chose not to worry.  When they told me the baby was measuring big that really put my mind at ease.  I have only gained 12 pounds this pregnancy which just seems crazy to me.  Especially since I'm used to gaining 35-40 lbs.  Hopefully this time the baby weight can melt right off- if anything good comes from all these problems that would be it!  For that I am grateful!

My mom comes exactly a month from today, so hopefully the baby will come soon after that!  I'm expecting I'll be induced early again because I dilate early and because of the baby's size/ diabetes.  Hopefully we planned it right!  Otherwise we will spend that time doing who knows what.

There is a new surgeon coming in September to replace that other surgeon that was supposed to do my thyroid surgery.  I'm hoping the new one is good!  I'm a little nervous!  I will meet with that surgeon next month to discuss when my surgery will be.  Frankly I can't wait to get that over with.

So lot's to look forward to!  I think that will help this bummer summer to not be so bad.  The next few months should be really exciting for our family!  :)

2 comments:

Sandy: said...

I am SO looking forward to my visit and welcoming a new baby Lee!! So glad you are feeling well and this new little one will be here soon. Love you.

Jen Kesler said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I really appreciate it! I'm sure Makenna will do fab in kinder and I cannot wait to see pics of your new baby and find out his/her name!! I know I already said this on FB, but your family pics are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!