August 18, 2011

First day of school

Today was a bittersweet day... Makenna started Kindergarten!  She was SOOO stinkin excited.  I was so excited for her!  We walked to school since we only live a block away, and when we got there Makenna quickly found her friend Kyle who is in her class.  I chatted with some other moms until the bell rang.  The teacher, Mrs. Mills, invited the parents in.  The kids found the seats with their names on them, and then the teacher read the story, "The Kissing Hand."  Then the kids gave their parents a kissing hand cookie and walked us to the door.  I was already standing by the door, but Makenna insisted on walking me 2 more feet so I was at the door :)  Then we said goodbye!  I held back the tears until I was on my own on the walk home, then the waterworks started!  I'm gonna miss having that girl around, but I'm so excited for this new chapter of her life!

2 comments:

Sandy: said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the cute pictures. Her teacher looks very young!! Is she growing up, or what?? Crazy!

Jenna said...

I can't believe you have a kindergartner!!! She is so cute!