June 30, 2010

Utah-Idaho trip

Our first stop was to see BFF. (Do you like the engagement pic?) It was so much fun to see her again and have our kids play! We spent lots of time outside. It was beautiful while we were there. I was also to see my good friend Rebecca that just moved away. I miss them both!

Then we headed up to Eagle, ID for my cousin Courtney's wedding. This is her family. It was such a pretty wedding! Many of my cousins were able to be there along with all of my Aunts and Uncles, so it was so great to see everybody!

We all went white water rafting together the next day. Holy cow that was so fun! All the girls got to be in the same raft and we had a blast! After we had done all of the white water, we played some games on the raft and all pretty much ended up in the water. It was freezing, but fun!

We were also able to visit with my grandma for the last time. She is really not doing very well and doesn't have much time left. (The above picture is from last year) It was very hard knowing that I would never see her again. She is such a sweet and special lady. I have always loved being around her. She's always so happy and sweet and funny. Makenna and Jace were able to see grandma for the last time too. It was really sweet to see Makenna with grandma. She rubbed her feet and touched her hands, and said sweet things to her. Jace liked seeing grandma and talking to her and gave her a little kiss goodbye. It was a good teaching experience for me to tell Makenna a little about dying. Makenna had LOTS of questions. It was really sad when she said things like "I don't want grandma to die. Then I will never see her again!" I explained to her that we would see her again and that grandma would probably be waiting to say hi to us in heaven. That really seemed to make her feel better knowing that. That makes me feel better too. :)

4 comments:

Sandy: said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able to come. Thank you for making the effort. I know that it's not east with little kids. And I loved seeing you guys also. Too short, though. But, we will see you again soon.

Sandy: said...

Is that a current picture of Megan? She doesn't look pregnant there. Isn't she due very soon?

Kristie said...

Yeah it's an old picture. We didn't take any this time. I think that was intentional on her part! :)

Beck said...

Of course it was intentional!! Next time I see you I hope the rolls are reversed and your fat and pregnant and Im hot and skinny. Then we will take LOTS of pictures!! Thanks again for coming to stay with me. I LOVED it and already miss you.