September 3, 2009

Can you top this?

I loooove to think about the future and what kinds of things will change. Sometimes I have a hard time thinking how certain things could possibly be improved upon! I specifically remember back in the 90's thinking that the styles and everything were so cool and advanced that they could not be topped! I thought it would be funny to list what I think those things are right now, and it will be funny to look back at what I wrote! (or maybe I'll be right!)

MP3 players!

I mean how much better and more convenient can listening to music get? I cannot fathom a better idea than this...

TV's
Yes, that is a TV! It displays a picture when the TV isn't on! AMAZING! Seriously, how much better can that get??! I guess the only problem is, where is the DVD player?!

The spikey do:
Guys have been wearing their hair like this for a while now, and I just can't see this going out of style!

Cars
This is definitely not the coolest car out there, but it is our car that we recently got. For a plain ol' ford car, I'm thinking cars are looking pretty good these days! The front grills and headlights look awesome on all the new cars and the paint jobs look really pretty. Can't really see cars looking much prettier??

longer shirts
I just can't imagine now going back to those shorter shirts- awful!! (BTW isn't this Anthropologie shirt cute?!)

This style of jeans
I think no matter what may be the fad of the time, women will always go back to the slight flare jean because I think it is the most flattering! Perhaps someday our children will call these "mom jeans." hahaha, you have to see this SNL skit if you haven't... :)



A few things I think will change fo sho:
DVD's- can't stand them (my kids ruin them)
Telephone lines- I'm sure there's a better, prettier way!
All the mystery ingredients in our food
self-cleaning toilets? a girl can dream...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

This is a great post. I enjoyed reading it and thinking about those things as well. I cannot believe Makenna is old enough to be going to school. I hope your routine works out well...we can always dream. Routines are so nice.

Stef said...

You gotta add Cell phones to that...like the iphone that can do pretty much everything except drive your car.

Jess & Jessica said...

Kristie,
I love your posts. Where can I get one of those t.vs for cheap? :)
That is so weird to think how technology is changing from just 10 years ago. I can't believe we used to get along with no portable music. CRAZY! See you later.

Rebecca said...

funny, great post. i totally agree a/b all the weird stuff they put in our foods. that TV is amazing!

amybrockhaus said...

" I asked my mom to make sunflower curtains cause I thought, how could I ever get sick of Sunflowers!!?" -Kristie Sheffield, grade 7