We drove into California late into the night as we usually do. The kids do so well when we leave about 12-1, because then they go to sleep around 8-9, and we have a few hours to talk. I love those times. It's so fun to talk about anything and everything with Scott with no interruption!
On Saturday we woke up and had Christmas morning all over again! I gave this quilt to Jaclyn that I had been working on. I love how it turned out!
This is my sister Jaclyn after she got her quilt... she doesn't look too excited about it but I know on the inside she is bursting with happiness! After presents and stuff, we went to the church to play some volleyball! It was fun!
That night we got together with some of my high school friends that were in town! I love these people so much! They made my high school experience awesome! It always feels like we never left.
On Sunday funday we went for a little walk around the neighborhood. I wish we could go on walks in December in Albuquerque! Cute Kara joined us.
On Monday we went to the beach! It was a beautiful day... This is my favorite thing to do on the beach... I know I'm boring. There is just nothing better than laying on the beach, especially with my sister!
Mom chasing the birdies with Cami!
This girl looked so gorgeous I just had to take a picture of her
Dad is the fun one...
That night we had a little party for the kids! They wanted to stay up till midnight so bad!! So I may have changed the clocks... haha They never figured it out :)
Then my parents and Scott and I stayed up and played games and ate yummy food.
The next morning we got up early and headed up to the Rose Parade route! This is what we did every year when I was a kid. A lot of my Sheffield extended family ended up being in Cali so we decided to do it again! So many mems!!!
I'm obsessed with the houses there and their big green lawns and huge trees lining the street. Get out of the grass kid!!! oh, that's mine
So as a kid we used to sleep on the grass right behind where we're sitting to save spots. Maybe someday my kids will get to be part of that... but no thank you anytime soon!
Band members up close and personal
My favorite float... so beautiful
After the parade we went to my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Brian's beautiful house in LA. It was fun to see a few of my cousins and have our kids play together!
Makenna and Shelby
Cami and her little second cousin... They were so cute together :)
The next day we got some YUMMY burritos! We also went to the beach, of course.
On Thursday we went to Balboa park! First we took the kids to the Reuben H. Fleet Science center. It's really cool, kind of like explora here, but a little different.
you didn't build that. I did!
DORKS!
Jace was chosen by the magician as his helper. Jace we very cute- he's my confident little guy.
Makenna the model, and Jace trying to hold on :)
"The fountain" at Balboa
On Friday Kara and I had a girl's day out! We went and got pedicures, ate yummy schwarma burritos, and went shopping. I love every second I get to spend with this girl!
We found Stacy's lipstick!!
Great trip to Cali as always!!





1 comment:
Once again, it looks like I wasn't even there! Sad...
Post a Comment