(bye little buddy!)
I finally had my Follicular Tumor removed! I'm free! We got to the hospital at 6:00 AM on Friday and I felt a little nervous. This was the first surgery I've had and I didn't know what to expect. I have to say that I felt very calm compared to how I thought I would feel because I'm just a nervous person! The nurse that was with me when they put me under was this hilarious black guy. He kept saying the funniest things and I just remember him jabbering away and looking at me really funny and then I was out! (I'm pretty sure he gets a kick out of watching people go under!)
When I woke up I was in a lot of pain. The nurse quickly gave me some morphine which took the edge off. The next few hours were so strange. I was in a large recovery room sectioned off by curtains with lots of other people that just came out of surgery as well. I remember a lot but I was definitely drugged up. These are my recollection of this time: I was extremely itchy and could not stop itching my face, I was trying as hard as I could to read the clock but I could not focus on it, there was a really strange biker dude across from me that kept saying the weirdest things and would not shut up, every time I fell asleep I would wake up in a panic because I felt like I couldn't breathe, a lot of people were snoring, I really wanted to sign everything to my nurses because my throat hurt so bad, and I got to eat popsicles and "sonic ice!" It was a very strange/funny few hours! Finally I was able to go to a room and see Scott and Cami. It was good to see them. He said the doctor told him everything went really well and that they didn't see any cancer when they were in there which was of course great news. They will let me know in about a week if they find any cancer.
My recovery has been alright. I'm not going to lie though it has been very painful! Thanks goodness for pain meds. It mostly hurts when I swallow, turn my neck, and try to sleep. Hopefully it will get better soon so I can get back to my busy life!
Let me just say that I have the best family. I have been overwhelmed by their love and support. All along I have known that my situation was not a big deal because one way or another it would have worked itself out and was in no way life-threatening, but my family insisted on praying on my behalf over the last few months as well as including me in their fasts. I have felt very unworthy of all that. My heart was beyond touched to hear that my niece fasted for the first time on my behalf. I feel very blessed and have felt the strength that has come from each prayer, whether I felt I needed them or not.
Thank you to any of you reading this that have called, offered meals, offered babysitting, prayed, or fasted for me. It means so much to me and I appreciate everything from the depths of my soul!!





6 comments:
I am so glad everything went well and that it is behind you now! I hope you are healing well and I am sorry its so painful! Hopefully you will feel back to your self very quickly. Please call me if you need help with anything!
I wish I was there to help you with your kids and make you dinner EVERY SINGLE DAY!! You know how good of a cook I am so your probably grateful Im not there. Hope your doing good. And make sure when your up for talking you give me call. Love you woman!!
I had no idea you had to get surgery! I'm so sorry! Please let me know how I can help you!
Glad to hear that everything went well! I hope the pain stops really, REALLY soon...like yesterday!
Loved catching up on your blog. Your photos are so cute!
I'm so glad that the surgery is all behind you. And you will be receiving good news soon about the results of the growth. Sorry that you are in such pain. Wish I could be there to help. Love you!!
Kristie, glad surgury went well. I will keep you in my prayers as they get the final results. So glad the initial results are good I'm sure that means they will be good as well. You are the bomb.com
Post a Comment