July 22, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Makenna has been taking swim lessons for 2 weeks now. Before this summer she didn't know how to swim because I was too worried about taking 2 young kids last year, so it is crazy how much she has learned this summer! She can now swim so well, and loves to dive for diving sticks. She absolutely loves it and would spend all day out in the water if I let her. We have been swimming a few times a week this summer. It has been GREAT.



Her cute class and teachers- she's number 4

5 comments:

Sandy: said...

so glad she is learning how to swim. Isn't that a lot of kids in one swimming class? How can 2 teachers handle that many kids? She must be excited. Did she finally let go of her nose??

Kristie said...

The mom that lives there teaches too, so there is usually 1 teacher to 4 kids... It's an hour long class too, so she gets plenty of one on one in that time. It's been really good! She still holds her nose a lot, but can swim without.

Rolene and David said...

That is so cool! Wish my kid could swim. Can't wait to see Makenna take on the ocean in a few weeks, so excited!

Stef said...

Yay! Good for her. I bet she is loving swimming, huh.
I love your pictures. Those are awesome. I need to get hold of her and get ours done!!

Trent & Brooke said...

yay! love your blog. and swimming lessons are the best!