We spent Christmas in Carlsbad this year at my parent's house. The weather was so nice, and it just felt so good to be home. We got to be there for a week and a half this time which was great since I really don't get to see my family a lot. All of my siblings still live there (2 still at home), so we were able to see all of them while we were down. I always love to sit under this tree and look at all the ornaments I grew up with. Here it is Christmas Eve when Santa had already come for my kids, but not the rest of us...
Christmas morning- can you say spoiled?
yet another princess polly pocket- I think this completed her set!
Makenna's highlights- littlest pet shop, princess stuff, barbie stuffJace's highlights- the above gifts and a wooden train set
Me- Garmin forerunner, and blender
Scott- Miter saw, badminton!
Aside from all the loveliness of giving and receiving gifts, we were blessed to be able to reflect on our Savior and that we celebrate Christmas because of His birth. He is what truly brings the spirit of Christmas into our homes all month long. We watched the movie "The Nativity Story" a few days before Christmas and I was truly touched by the sacrifices Mary and Joseph had to make and by the humble circumstances of His birth. (Great movie, by the way) There was a grand purpose to His birth and His life, and we are so blessed because of it.










No comments:
Post a Comment