January 19, 2010

2010 snapshot

This post is randomness and all the little things that make up our day to day life. I want to be able to remember all those little things years from now. So here goes...

Every morning Makenna comes in my room about 7:00 and we snuggle. She usually tells me about her dreams... which usually involve princesses (sometimes I think she makes them up, but I love her imagination!)

For breakfast we almost always have whole wheat pancakes, oatmeal, or eggs and toast. Makenna loves syrup and will fill her whole plate with it if I'm not looking.

Makenna goes to Joy school on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Megan, Tyler, Katie, Kaden, and Stacie. She gets SOOO excited on those mornings and likes to look really nice for joy school. She usually picks out a dress and tights and wants me to do her hair really cute.

Doing Makenna's hair is one of my new obsessions. I'm not saying it is done perfect every day,
(hahaha definitely not!) but now that I know how to do it thanks to this blog, it is a lot more fun! I seriously never even learned how to french braid until this blog... :)

Every Tuesday I get excited to get the mail to see what deals are going on that week in the grocery ads! Nerdy, I know.

Makenna has dance class on Wednesdays with Miss Kristy. We always do her hair extra fancy for her class, and she loves to dress up in her tutus and leotards. She is the tallest in her class of 7 girls. She is very good at remembering the dances and I love watching her dance!

I have been a crazy runner for the last year or so. I am training for a half marathon in April. This weekend will be the longest run of my life at 8 miles. I'm actually really excited!

Jace loves Signing Time now, just as his sister did when she was little. He calls it "Leah" and will actually sit through the whole 1/2 hour. He loves to sign lots of words, especially animal signs. He also does a really cute "I love you!"

Speaking of signing, Makenna is really cute when she signs to our BIL Brian. She signs every sign she knows to him as if it is a sentence. ie Fish dog banana backyard

Makenna is way into Barbies lately. She likes to have dance parties with them, and loves to dress them up and do fashion shows.

I have really enjoyed having a paint salesman for a husband. We have painted the whole outside of our house, epoxied our garage floor, and painted the whole inside of our house in the last year. I am going to have him paint the whole inside of our house again soon! :)

Every Friday night is pizza, ice cream, and movie night. I usually make the pizza homemade with this recipe (SO easy!) After dinner, we have ice cream. We also always rent a movie and watch it when the kids go to bed. We LOVE movies. Our favorite movies have action, comedy, and romance all in one. We saw Sherlock Holmes a few weeks ago and LOVED that.

FHE is very fun at our house these days. The kids really like to lead the music on the fireplace, and they love our trick portion. Makenna is so teachable now and it's really fun to see her retain the lessons we teach her. My goal in life for FHE is to make it fun for my kids. So far= success.

My poor husband is constantly "tired" from lack of sleep. At first he quit playing basketball Tuesday and Thursday nights, but he couldn't handle not playing! So now he still plays from 9-11, and then has to get up at 5:00 in the morning for seminary! I don't know how he does it.

Jace still loves balls. He is really good at throwing and catching them now. It is probably his favorite thing to do. He is also really good at making baskets in his basketball hoop. I have been amazed by this kid's coordination! His overarm throw looks better than mine!

Jace is obsessed with being comfortable. He hates socks, shoes, button-up shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, sweater vests, and hats. He will seriously have a heart attack some days because he "don't like" what I put on him. You can just see how uncomfortable he looks in his face! So some days he goes around with me with bare feet and a t-shirt. I bet lots of people think I abuse him... hahaha

I really enjoy making dinner for the fam every night and we sit down at the table and eat it together. The winning dinner night is usually Hawaiian haystacks.

Scott reads our kids bedtime stories every night. 2 to be exact. They love it, and he loves it, and I love it too! He is definitely more of the story teller in this fam.

The kids are in the same room together now, and probably 1-2 times a week we hear them giggling in there for a while. It is really funny and I just let them because I know they are getting some good bonding time!

The kids play sooo good together now. Jace sometimes cries when Makenna has to leave, and then when she comes home he gets so excited! It has been great watching them get closer.

The kids love to get into stuff together. Yesterday they found a large box of nerds while I was in the shower, and then continued to shower them allllll over my house. That was fun to clean up...

Jace just learned to open the fridge and his food of choice is always yogurt or go-gurt. He always gets one for Kenna too.

For the longest time Jace could say every word we would ask him to say except Kenna. He would say all the names of all his cousins, but not Kenna. He refused. It was the weirdest thing! Just in the last couple weeks, he's started to say "Kenna" and now he says it all day long!

When we are shopping Jace points at everything and says "super cute," "super cute." hahaha. Do I really say that all the time?!

Sunday mornings we are always a couple minutes late to church. No matter how early I get up. No matter how prepared I am. No matter how much Scott helps. I just don't know why. It honestly drives me crazy because I just can't figure it out.

Our favorite family activity to do is go to the zoo. I think it's because we are all animal lovers. We try to go as much as we can.

Makenna is my little story teller. Whenever she meets someone new at church, at the grocery store, at our house, she always tells them stories or talks their ears off. The only time I have seen her shy is when the missionaries come over.

I think the best time of the day is when daddy comes home. The kids scream "daddy!" and I can't help but get a big smile on my face too!

If we are in the car on a Saturday morning, Jace will be the first one to point out the balloons. He always spots them no matter how far away they are!

We go on family walks as much as we can, and sometimes even in the dark at night with the kids in their pj's! We love it.

Scott always wakes me up at 5:45AM to give me a kiss before he leaves.

Scott is very good at making the children giggle out of control. They especially like to wrestle him and get thrown around!

I like to watch Glenn Beck almost every day while I make dinner. He is one person on the news that I think is right most of the time.

Jace loves to eat chips and salsa with his dad.

Jace still doesn't go to nursery very well and he's almost 2! Some days he does ok, others he will scream and cry when we leave.

Whenever Scott and Makenna are gone, Jace really attaches himself to me. He'll come put his arms around me and kiss me, or sit by me and put his head on my shoulder. It's so sweet.

Jace loves to brush his teeth throughout the day. Sometimes he carries his toothbrush around with him.

During the night, Makenna is Scott's child, and Jace is mine. The kids usually do really well, but sometimes Kenna wakes up wanting the hall light turned on. I got the easier kid for now. :)

The kids both love to color. Jace is always asking me if he can "culla" throughout the day. They like to get paper from the printer and waste a bunch of sheets of it.


So that is us in a nutshell at this moment in time.

5 comments:

Joneel said...

OH MY WORD !!! How do you remember it all? Way to go

Stef said...

That's a pretty big nutshell! Ha. You are all so fun and we are so glad that we get to live by you guys!

Beck said...

Reading all those things confirmed why we are such good friends. That is exactly my family in a nutshell to. Its crazy how much alike our kids our. And by the way the picture of you and Makenna on the beach is probably the worlds CUTEST picture I have EVER seen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! SOOOOOOOOO Cute!! I MISS YOU!!!

Summer said...

I loved getting to read this! What a cute family. Good for you for writing it all down. :)

Jenna said...

You have inspired me to start writing more down. I just get lazy. This stuff is all awesome to have!