June 26, 2009

Almost 17 months!


Doesn't everyone do an "almost 17 months" post? haha, ok maybe I just needed an excuse to write a long overdue post on the Jace happenings. Jace definitely has me wrapped around his little finger. There is something about him that is so sweet and irresistible. I find myself kissin on him all day! If I need a little Jace lovin, I bend down and hold my arms out, and he'll stop whatever he's doing and run to me with his arms out and a big smile on his face. He's my little snuggle bug. I don't know his stats or anything, but all I can say is I have never met a boy his age that is bigger so I guess that is saying something.

Words:
Ball (his first word that actually meant something)
Da (dad)
Mom
Do (as in dog without the "g")
Bear (bird)
"b" (book)
bebe (baby)
Duh (done)
ba (sippy)
Hi
Bye
Yeah, not a lot. This kid is super talkative though. He is always having convos with himself, telling us stories, and talking to anyone who will listen! It kills me.

Favorite things:
1. Books. He is obsessed with his animal book and he constantly wants me to read it to him!

2. Babies. He gravitates to babies. He loves to watch them and love them and hug them, which is sometimes scary because of his size!

3. Balls. I don't think a minute goes by when he isn't talking about a ball, throwing a ball, carrying around a ball, or kicking a ball. He loves em!

4. Dogs. He seriously begs us every day to lift him up so he can see the dogs on the other side of the fence. He cannot get enough and makes the cutest little dog sounds.

5. Food. The kid could eat all day long. He eats more than Makenna at meal times, and is constantly trying to find food around the house and backyard. (and yes I feed him plenty so he's not starving or anything!) Every day he goes out to our gardens to see if anything is ready to pick. He is always the first to pick our strawberries, and has also tried a summer squash right off the plant- yummm. We also find him sneaking in the pantry whenever he can. I have it locked most of the time, but if I forget to shut it, you better believe that kid is getting into it and dumping out cereal boxes and crackers. I have never seen a little kid with quite the appetite!


and here are Jace's favorite songs right now!

2 comments:

Sunflower-6 said...

Love the hampster dance song. Braden is running crazy listening to it!

Jenna said...

He is gettin so big. he seems to have quite the personality now. You guys coming home this summer at all?