October 25, 2012

Jaclyn's Wedding

My sister, Jaclyn, got married the week that school started, so Kenna went to school Monday and Tuesday, and then we took off for California!

This was not a typical trip because we were soooo busy with wedding stuff!  The first day we did squeeze in the outlets and Elizabethan cupcakes!  Heaven...


That night we went to sister's bridal shower!  It was set up so cute and vintagy.  I gave sister a cute apron, hot pad, and oven mitt from sur la table.  Jaclyn had to answer some questions and then we watched a video of Taylor to see if they matched up.  They did really well!  Taylor is a funny kid...

enjoy this blurry picture...


Next day we went to a wholesale flower market to pick out flowers- by ourselves!!  Not easy!  We ended up finding some gorgeous flowers though.  She wanted the flowers put into lots of different size vases on the table so we decided to just buy them ourselves and stick them in the vases.  It didn't end up being too bad... I would love being a florist!  So fun!

Jaclyn with a car fulllll of flowers!

That night was the bachelorette party!  It was a bonfire at the beach.  Jaclyn threw the bouquet she used in her bridals that day since she wasn't doing a bouquet toss at the wedding... 

Kara's getting married next!

of course I gave Jacks a little somethin somethin.  Stacy kept it classy as always with her gifts (1st timers kit anyone?)


Perhaps the funniest part of the week is that I got the hugest zit of my adult life... on the week of my sister's wedding... 

The night before the wedding we had a dinner with Jaclyn's new in-laws, the Cranes.  We ate pizza, helped set up tables for the reception the next day, and let the boys swim.

after setting up

The morning of the wedding, my mom and I arranged all the flowers.  I made all the main centerpieces for each table.  It was SO fun! 


 We had our makeup done by the adorable Natalie Rumsey

Everything was going perfect!!!  Then as we were leaving we made the quick choice of leaving the kids in their clothes and having my sisters dress them at the last minute.  So we left for the sealing and on our way we realized the girls didn't have a way of bringing the kids to the temple!  (one small car!)  So inside the temple I'm stressssssing!  Scott ended up asking the girls if they could borrow a car from someone, and Kara's friend Jessie saved the day!  We were so grateful and so relieved!  

The sealing was beautiful.  I loved being in that room with so many members of my family!  

So when we came out the girls were pulling up with our children basically in tears because they couldn't figure out their outfits and the whole car situation and everything... it was so horrible!  I felt soooo bad and wished so badly we could  have had a do-over!  We shook it off though and moved on with the day!




After the temple we went to set up.  It was so fun because Jaclyn had her reception at the same house I had mine.  I had some major Deja Vu going on.  Right before the reception we snapped some family pictures...







The reception was sooooo beautiful.  It was fun seeing it all come together



We presented gifts to the couple, and mine was a recipe book that I put together of all our favorite recipes.  (not my best angle...)


 Then we had a dance party.  It was soooooo fun!

It was such a beautiful day and I'm so happy for Jaclyn and my new bro Taylor.  Isn't this picture GORG?!!


saying goodbye the next morning.


No comments: