December was by far the busiest month I've had in a long time! Since we got the kids bunk beds I decided it was time the kid's bedding matched. I didn't want them to match perfect though because I still think hers should be girly, and his boy-y (what?!) I could not find ANYTHING, so I decided to make them quilts. I found one I loved online for Kenna and just kind of drew up my own pattern and changed the colors a little. Jace's will be most of the same colors minus the pink, and squares instead of diamonds. Let me just say, I love how it turned out! It is fun getting everything you want, and also being able to have a special quilt she can always keep. Sorry these pictures are terrible... it's hard to take good pics of a quilt!
We also refinished this awesome table we got off craigslist. I love how it turned out! Now I have to paint my old chairs to match.. It looks tiny in this picture but it's actually quite a bit bigger than our old table (with a leaf-not pictured.)
I was also able to read the Book of Mormon during the month of December. That was such a great experience for me! I really feel I understand the Book of Mormon so well now because I was able to follow the storyline so well. Reading so often (over an hour a day) really invited the spirit to be with me always, and now that I know what it's like to have the spirit so strong in my life I want to always have that! Reading scriptures really can make such a big difference, and I'm glad I was able to learn that lesson. Most of all I was able to gain a testimony for myself that the Book of Mormon is true!
The last thing that kept us really busy in December is that my sister's best friend moved in with us! That makes 6 people in our little house! It has been really great to have her though, and it has been fun to see my sister so happy! They are moving out in a couple weeks and, it might sound funny to say this, but I will miss both of them! We might need to find a replacement... ok jk!
Anywho, so I was thinking about all the stuff I did last month and I couldn't believe it was all in one month's time! It made me realize I can get a lot more done than I think I can!
Projects that are in the works:
Finish Jace's quilt
Finish curtains for kid's room
Finish decorating room
Paint kitchen chairs
Make new pillows for couches
Maybe by next month I will finish all of them! uh huh










10 comments:
You made that quilt?!! You never cease to amaze me woman! I love it - and your table too! I can't wait to see your other completed projects!
Awesome job on the quilt!! That is such a neat talent to have. Thank you for the sweet testimony on the book of mormon. I love hearing things like that and watching the people around you, that you love, grow. That is awesome. You are sure amazing.
Oh yeah, and the table looks fantastic!
AMAZING!! I LOVEEEEEEE that quilt. And the table looks awesome. Cant wait to see Jace's quilt. Get going you lazy butt!!!!!!!
Pretty! I love it all! How did you do the table???
LOVE THIS POST!! Everything about it. Kristie, you are an awesome, talented woman and mother. I'm proud to be your Mom.
Cute quilt! Nice job! I love when I have read the BofM in 30 days! It is such a neat experience and it is all so fresh in your mind! Good job!
Wow! I LOVE that quilt. The colors are so great. That is so awesome that you read the B of M in Dec.. You're amazing.
Oh, and I'm also in love with that table!
The quilt is beautiful! I may have to make one for my son. I've been wanting to make a quilt but am very intimidated by it.
Post a Comment