This is a snapshot of what our family is like at this very moment, the good and the bad...
Our days typically start when Makenna or Jace come into my room around 7:00 and we snuggle; I get them some chocolate milk, turn on the toons, and go back to bed... :) Sometimes I get a little more sleep in, sometimes I read, whatever the kids let me get away with... did I say that out loud?
By 7:30 I'm up and making breakfast! Our favorite breakfasts these days are blender whole wheat pancakes, cream of wheat, oatmeal, or toast.
Mondays we usually spend cleaning up the house after the weekend (does your house get messier when husband is around?!), and shopping for essentials that we should have shopped for Sat. night
Tues/Thurs Makenna has preschool from 9:30-12:30 with an awesome group of kids from our ward. The moms in the group are seriously awesome which makes the preschool awesomer. It's nice to know Makenna is in such good hands and learning about cool things like Egypt.
I go to mutual Tuesday nights for Young Womens and still love it. They keep me young ;)
Wednesday nights Makenna has dance class at 5:00 with Miss Heather. She has really improved a lot this year with her harder dance class. It is so fun to watch her esp. now that they are starting on their recital piece!
Friday night is pretty much always movie night. We love to watch movies and pop popcorn.
Scott and I have been "dating" again! It had been too long! Since the summer we have been going on dates pretty regularly, and we have both LOVED it! We go out with our double-dater friends, the Reidheads, a couple times a month too. It's been a blast to get to know my husband in that way again!
Scott plays basketball on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sat. mornings if he can get away with it!
Makenna just got a cavity again. Why must we have such sensitive teeth?!
Jace loves the show Team Umizoomi. He runs around the house saying ummmiiiiii zooommmmmiiiiiii!
Jace is a huge fan of guns... the nerf kind and the invisible kind. He runs around the house all day making amazing gun sounds. I'm not quite sure how little boys make those sounds... whenever I try I sound ridiculous.
Jace is completely potty trained as of last month. I am loving it!! NO KIDS IN DIAPERS!! It is a dream I tell ya.
Makenna is reading really well. She can read most words up to 4 letters.
For lunches I usually ask, "sandwich or chicken nuggets?" sad huh? But if you know your kids eat those things, that's what you buy!
Jace is taking about 2 naps a week now.... bummer.... He's at that stage where if he takes a nap he doesn't go to bed as well at night, but if he doesn't take a nap he's a grumpy face.
Jace and Makenna actually play well together now 90% of the time- hallelujah. They will play together for an hour or two now before the fighting begins. I LOVE seeing my kids get along!
If you're still reading this that means we're good friends... I REALLY want a baby!! And believe me people, we're working on it!! So stop asking- it's making me feel like a fatty! :) (This rant is for the random people, not you, my good friends, that I don't mind talking to about this stuff!) haha, ok I got that off my sleeve
Makenna is increasingly opinionated about how I do her hair, what she wears etc. Sometimes Sunday mornings can be drama.
Makenna is increasingly opinionated about how I do her hair, what she wears etc. Sometimes Sunday mornings can be drama.
Jace is my little fashionista... He likes to change his outfit a few times a day, he has STRONG opinions about what he is going to wear every day, he LOVES to take his clean clothes out of the dryer and put them in his drawers, and he loves to pick out new clothes at the store. Some people say I should be worried (Have you met Jace?!), but I think he likes to look good for the ladies...
Makenna is still a talker!! She talks everyone's ears off. Just smile and nod...
Makenna is still a talker!! She talks everyone's ears off. Just smile and nod...
Bed time is from H-E-double hockey sticks lately... Jace is the King of excuses: "I need a drink of water and a piece of bread," "I need to go to the bathroom," "I need another story." Sometimes he will just come out of his room and hide and watch us. When we find him he gives us an adorable smile so we can't be mad! This too shall pass... this too shall pass...
We have food storage for about a year now! I can't tell you how good it feels to say that!
The kids' bedtime routine consists of: cleaning the room up together, usually a little wrestling with dad (that is probably why Jace is so wound up!!), and 2 books (one a scripture story).
Private Selection sweet mint chocolate chip ice cream is the BOMB!!!
Our favorite shows are Modern Family, Parenthood, Community, The Bachelor, and The Office.
My awesome husband won Salesman of the Year in the whole west in 2010! I knew his convincing personality would be good for something!
Nicknames:
Jace- Jacey
Makenna- Wen
Our family is truly a joy at this moment! We have our hard times, but I think I will look back at this time of my life and think what a great time it was for us. Hopefully there will continue to be a lot of joy in store for us in 2011!





5 comments:
Thanks for the update on your adorable family. We REALLY do need to get together! We miss you guys!!
You're so funny! Loved the for-real update. Good luck with the baby...funny how thinking about having three kids at this exact moment makes me want to poke my eyes out with a blunt needle. That's why you're the bomb!
So fun to catch up on your blog. You are such a fun mom!!
Kristie-you are the bomb.com. It's funny cause I read this post awhile ago and I thought I commented on it and I guess I hadn't anyway I had a dream the other night and you had another kid....so it's going to happen I just know it. I dreamed it. When you coming home again?
Um I am in love with Modern Family. Phil Dunphy is my hero.
Post a Comment