October 31, 2010

Scott turned 30!

Scott turned the big 3-0 on Oct. 13th.  I love that he is a simple man.  All he wanted to do for his birthday was go hiking!  I can do that.  So we headed over to the Sandias to do our favorite hike.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day.  


Stacy came with us too.

Oh, and we saw a rattlesnake on the way down.... AAAAHHHH!  I almost stepped on it!  Double AAAHH!

Well that wasn't all we were going to do for his birthday.... a couple days later I had a surprise party for him!  Now let me tell ya just how big of a deal that is.  I think I have surprised him 1, maybe 2 times in our entire marriage and it wasn't nearly as big of a secret as this... but I pulled it off!  Rhett invited him to play tennis at the community center... when they got there we all jumped out of the bushes!  I knew he wouldn't want anything fussy, so I thought it would be fun if we played sand volleyball.  It was probably his dream party.  (again he's a pretty simple dude!)  

Sorry, not playing tennis!

I was surprised.... it was a really good game!  Hopefully we'll play more in the future!

These cupcakes were bomb if I do say so... red velvet cupcakes from allrecipes.com

Happy Birthday to my man of life.  Love you muchas!

2 comments:

Sandy: said...

Happy birthday, Scott!! We love you.

Rebecca said...

happy birthday scott! sad we missed it- it looks like fun. we REALLY miss you guys and ABQ!