When I was in Jr. High I started listening to an awesome local band called Switchfoot. Their songs were really fun and catchy, and their message was amazing. Since they are a Christian band their lyrics were clean, and also so inspiring. My friends and I became their biggest (mormon) fans! We went to all the concerts we could and listened to their music all the time as we drove around town.
Well, a few years later when I worked at Pier One, we were in the back room unpacking boxes with the radio on, and that is when I heard them on the radio for the first time! It was really exciting and I called a couple people from back home right away! It's awesome to see a band you loved so much for so many years make it! I have continued to love them and introduced my husband to them who also loves them.
For the first time since I moved from San Diego, Switchfoot came to town! So Scott and I got tickets, arranged babysitters, and we were SO there! :) It was such an awesome concert. We were only a few feet from the band, and had room to move (unlike many a concert I went to in HS) At one point, Jon (lead singer) climbed up on a speaker that we were standing next to and sang "This is Your Life," one of my favorite songs.
We kept saying to each other that it was nice to not feel like "mom" and "dad" for the night, and be the young people that we are! I guess that's the trade off of having kids young! We promised each other to make it to more concerts from now on!
Thanks Burns for watching the kids!
One of my fave songs...
Well, a few years later when I worked at Pier One, we were in the back room unpacking boxes with the radio on, and that is when I heard them on the radio for the first time! It was really exciting and I called a couple people from back home right away! It's awesome to see a band you loved so much for so many years make it! I have continued to love them and introduced my husband to them who also loves them.
For the first time since I moved from San Diego, Switchfoot came to town! So Scott and I got tickets, arranged babysitters, and we were SO there! :) It was such an awesome concert. We were only a few feet from the band, and had room to move (unlike many a concert I went to in HS) At one point, Jon (lead singer) climbed up on a speaker that we were standing next to and sang "This is Your Life," one of my favorite songs.
We kept saying to each other that it was nice to not feel like "mom" and "dad" for the night, and be the young people that we are! I guess that's the trade off of having kids young! We promised each other to make it to more concerts from now on!
Thanks Burns for watching the kids!
One of my fave songs...










6 comments:
Glad you guys had fun. I think, though, that we have opened up a whole new world of "legal" sleep overs....fun!
That is awesome that you two got to have a night out. Wish we could have been there with you guys. Sounds like so much fun.
I love it! Did you get any of the bands sweat on you?
You guys need to come during the Bro Am, it seems like they are always hanging out at moonlight during the event...
luckyyyyyy...
You are so lucky!! Their concerts are just so much fun! The last one I went to was last summer at the fair and it was awesome. It was weird though because I was like the oldest one there and no one seemed to know who they really were besides my sisters and my dad. I of course started the rocking out and it caught on, but anyway. Glad you got to go and have fun and feel like a teenager again. I owe it all to you guys for introducing me when I moved here!
Nate is so jealous you got to go to this!
Post a Comment