The morning of Jace's birthday Makenna was so excited that she woke Jace up and said "How old are you Jace?!" For the first time, he said "two!" and put his pointer finger up! It was so cute! I had been trying to work on it with him the last couple days, but he wouldn't do it until his actual birthday I guess! So the night before I blew up about 30 balloons since he still loves them, and I think that was the best thing ever for him! He played and played and played!
For Joy school that day we went on a field trip to the aquarium and I knew Jace would like that on his birthday. It was really fun and Jace's friend Nathan came too.
Then for dinner we had Hawaiian Haystacks (Jace's favorite), and then the Burns came over! Jace opened his presents. Let's see, he got: a police battery-powered motorcycle (that he doesn't care about), a race car, Thomas the train, a leap frog cars and trucks magnet thing, a stuffed animal from the Burns, and his favorite thing- his scooter from Grandma Sheffield. He could not stop scooting around all night!
For Joy school that day we went on a field trip to the aquarium and I knew Jace would like that on his birthday. It was really fun and Jace's friend Nathan came too.
Then for dinner we had Hawaiian Haystacks (Jace's favorite), and then the Burns came over! Jace opened his presents. Let's see, he got: a police battery-powered motorcycle (that he doesn't care about), a race car, Thomas the train, a leap frog cars and trucks magnet thing, a stuffed animal from the Burns, and his favorite thing- his scooter from Grandma Sheffield. He could not stop scooting around all night!
this is a rare picture- a smile at the camera!
scooting around!The toy on the left is his motorcycle. All the kids loved it, but Jace could care less.
with his cousins! Camden looks so cute!
Jace is a very special little guy. I'm so happy I'm his mommy! I definitely have a special bond with him. He's my little cuddle bug.Here are some things Jace is doing right now at 2 years old:
He talks in sentences now. The other day he said a sentence that was 8 words long! I'm glad he's talking so well now because when compared to his sister, he was a little slow!
He can put his shoes on by himself. His favorites are his flip-flops.
nicknames: Jace face, Jacey, baby boy
He is very good at feeding himself with minimal messes (yessssss!)
He loves to dump out boxes of things: toys, cereal, blocks, anything put away nicely in a box!
He still takes 3 hour naps- hallelujah
He loves his sister Kenna and says "I miss Kenna. I love Kenna." when she is gone.
He's very sweet and more on the quiet side.
He's also very cautious around strangers, and has a hard time when I leave him still.
He LOVES babies and LOVES to pick them up... yikes...
He loves to read books, especially his animal books or books with balloons.
He almost never denies me a kiss!
He despises having his hair cut, hence the long hair.
He LOVES to play outside
He still loves balls, not a shocker
He's acting more and more like a kid now! Scott was saying the other day "he's like a little person now!" Well, he's still my baby boy.
He's also still a big boy!
weight: 33.5 lbs (95%)
height: 36.5 inches (95%)
head: 95%
Doc said he's more the size of a 3 year old... :)
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH JACE!












2 comments:
Finally you update! I cant believe he turned 2!! He is so dang cute and looks so big cruising on that scooter. And why would we make fun of that cake. Its obvious you ordered it straight from betty crocker!!
I agree...finally you update. I've been waiting for a long time for this. So glad that Jace had a fun time on his birthday. I'm so glad that he likes his scooter. So, where is the helmet that it came with?? (just kidding)(I'm sure he wears it when he's not getting his picture taken.) Happy Birthday, big boy Jace. We love you.
Post a Comment